Article IV: Dues
A. The dues of this organization shall be equal to .45 percent of the SBCUSD Salary Schedule (Appendix A) amount of the previous year at Column II, Step 1. Any additional increase in dues shall be approved by a majority vote of SBTA members. Associate member dues are the same as Category 1.
B. Membership in any given class or category shall be continuous after initial enrollment as per maintenance of membership in contract or until a change in category. If by October 10 of any calendar year, a member has not either paid the established annual dues for the current membership year or made satisfactory arrangements for payment, then that person's membership shall be considered delinquent and the name dropped from the rolls.
C. There shall be three categories of membership. The category of membership shall be determined by the following placements:
- CATEGORY 1. Full dues for those members whose assignment is more than 60% of a normal assignment, except for those certificated personnel whose salaries are less than the minimum teacher salary for the district, such as pre-school, head start, child care, adult education, and long term substitute teachers whose daily salaries are less than the regular minimum teacher salary.
- CATEGORY 2. One-half (1/2) dues for:
- Those members whose teaching assignment is greater than 1/3, but not more than 50% of a normal assignment.
- Those members whose teaching assignment is greater than 50% but not more than 60% of a normal assignment or employed as preschool, head start, child care, adult education working 18 hours a week or more, and long term substitute teachers whose daily salaries are less than the regular minimum teacher salary.
- CATEGORY 3. One-fourth (1/4) dues for those member whose teaching assignment is 1/3 or less than a normal teaching assignment, and adult education teachers working less than 18 hours a week.
D. Membership year and economic benefits shall commence September 1 and end August 31.
E. Full cash memberships will be accepted before October 10th, after this date the membership payments shall go on payroll deduction.
F. By October 1, all current members shall be notified of the monthly association dues structure. Members shall notify SBTA on or before December 15, of any error. Excess dues shall be refunded upon presentation of appropriate documentation for prior deductions. Notification after December 15, shall be corrected but with no retroactive refund.
G. Representation fees shall be apportioned on the same percentage basis as the full United Education Profession dues.